The Behold File is a ministry based solely on the Word of God. For the sake of clarity, we would like to identify certain biblical truths we believe and hold as the bedrock for who we are.
Our Vision is to provide a platform through which the Holy Spirit opens the eyes of all men to see Jesus Christ; through worship, through His Word and through encouraging men to seek Him intimately so they can be changed to be like Him.
Our Statement of Faith: What we believe
While the statements contained on this page are not exhaustive, we consider them to be the Statement of our Faith and beliefs:
1. We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, that it is the revelation of God to mankind, infallible and the source of all faith. We believe that it is superior to conscience and reason, but not contrary to reason according to 2 Timothy 3:15-16 and 1 Peter 2:2;
2. That the one true God has revealed Himself through the trinity (God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit) as the eternally self-existent, self-revealed and self-sufficient I AM as seen in Deuteronomy 6:4, Mark 12:29, Matthew 28:19;
3. That man was created good and upright in the beginning, because God said Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. – Genesis 1:26. However, man, by voluntary transgression, fell into sin, and his only hope of redemption is in Jesus Christ the Son of God. – Genesis 3:1-7, Romans 5:12-21;
4. That the grace of God, which brings salvation, is available to all men, regardless of race or gender, through the preaching of repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that man is saved and justified by grace through faith and that he becomes an heir of God by reason of the sacrifice of Jesus and his faith in that all-sufficient sacrifice. – Titus 2:11, Romans 10:13-15;
5. That the personal evidence of salvation for the believer is the direct witness of the Holy Spirit in his heart (Romans 8:16) and that the evidence of his salvation to all men is a life of righteousness and true holiness;
6. That the ordinance of baptism by a burial with Christ should be observed as commanded in the Scriptures, by all who have repented and in their hearts have truly believed in Christ as Savior and Lord. In so doing, they have the body washed in pure water as an outward symbol of cleansing, while their heart has already been sprinkled with the blood of Christ as an inner cleansing. Thus, they declare to the world that they have died with Jesus Christ and that they have also been raised with Him to walk in newness of life. – Romans 6:4, Hebrews 10:22;
7. That the Lord’s Supper, which consisted of bread and the fruit of the vine, is the symbol expressing our sharing of the divine nature of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Peter 1:4) and is a memorial of His suffering and death. – 1 Corinthians 11:26.
8. That all believers are entitled to, and should ardently expect, and earnestly seek, the promise of the Father, the baptism in the Holy Ghost and fire, according to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that with this experience comes the enduement of power for a life of witness to the truth of the coming, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ (Luke 24:29, Acts 1:4). We believe that this experience with the third person of the trinity is distinct from and subsequent to the experience of the new birth. – Acts 10:44-46.
9. We believe in the Holy Ghost Baptism of believers as a unique work of the Holy Ghost and that an evidence of this baptism is speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance – Acts 2:4.
10. We believe in the need for believers to live a life of holiness without which no man can see God. Complete sanctification is the will of God for all believers, and should be earnestly pursued by walking in obedience to God’s Word and following the leading of God’s Spirit. – Hebrews 12:14, 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24.
11. The Church is the body of Christ, the habitation of God through the Spirit with divine appointments for the fulfillment of the great commission. Each believer, born of the Spirit, is an integral part of the Church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven – Ephesians 1:22-23, Ephesians 2:22, Hebrews 12:33.
12. Deliverance from sickness is provided for in the atoning blood of Jesus Christ and is the privileged right of all believers. – Isaiah 53:4-5, Matthew 8:16-17.
13. The resurrection of those who have fallen asleep in Christ and their translation into glory, together with those who are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord, is the imminent and blessed hope of the church. – 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, 1 Corinthians 15:51-52.
14. The revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ from heaven, the salvation of national Israel, and the millennial reign of Christ on earth is the Scriptural promise and the World’s hope. – 2 Thessalonians 1:17, Revelation 19:11-14.
15. The devil and his angels, the beast and the false prophet, and whosoever is not found written in the Book of Life, shall be consigned to everlasting punishment in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death. – Revelation 19:20, Revelation 20:10-15.